Holiday time is looming on the horizon which means a buying spree for a few vacation essentials. The latest bikini, hot cut-offs and sheer tops to die for, as well as a several must have fashion accessories which includes a couple of great ladies handbags and then of course those lust-after summer ladies sandals.
Naturally this means you have to have a summer overhaul from head to foot. Pedicures are a must because you want those toes looking good in sandals. This summer there’s a great choice of bright warm weather colours and some amazing styles to suit every occasion and mood you might be in. The best choice of holiday sandal has to be those you can wear on the beach then at a bar and still look hotter than hot!
Beach to Bar Blocks
Think bright hues and block heels that look brilliant on the beach and just as cool when you get to the bar for that refreshing and much needed long, cool cocktail.
Beach to Dance Floor Wedges
With some amazing designs around, it’s not that hard to find a pair of cool looking wedges that look perfect on the beach and yet they’re the best when it comes to getting on the dance floor in record time.
Beach to Cool Snack Time Gem Encrusted Flats
Spending the morning on the beach means getting out of the midday sun to enjoy a bite to eat and a cool cocktail or two at lunchtime. Think gem encrusted flats, these gorgeous summer shoes look brilliant when worn with any summer outfit – including a simple towel wrapped around you!
Beach to Bar Neon Flip Flops
Flip flops are superb – they’re easy wear and stylish looking especially with cut-offs or shorts. Think neon because these look great paired up with a dress for a drink at the bar on those warm summer evenings. There are some brilliant designs with neon beaded trims or neon toe posts and they’re really hot looking.
Hints & Tips
- When you choose a pair of beach sandals make sure the design is easy maintenance – full grain leather is an ideal choice because they will last for years as long as you look after them. If you can find leather sandals that have a moisture-managing inner soil they will be super comfortable to wear.
- When you choose a pair of flip flops make sure they contour well to your foot – the foot bed should be flexible but sturdy at the same time.
- Go for sandals with heel cups that keep you foot nicely in place on walks and when you’re on the dance floor.
- Sandals with full leather linings will help draw moisture away from your feet – this will keep them cooler and drier no matter how hot it gets!
- Change sandals at least twice a day to give your feet a break.
- If your sandals get wet at the beach, make sure you dry them in a cool shady place that’s out of direct sunlight, this way your precious summer ladies sandals will look great right through the season!
Sally White is fashion blogger following 2013 British summer trends.