Vibram Five Fingers are thin-soled and lightweight shoes and toes resembling a glove for a foot. They are designed in a manner that they replicate the feeling of walking while barefoot. Vibram Five Fingers shoes are popular with those participating in athletic activities such as running, hiking, workouts, lifting weights, water sports, and even yoga. They are however capable of getting dirty or smelling, despite being made using antimicrobial materials. Caring for such shoes properly will assist the wearer keep them fresh smelling and clean, as well as lengthening their life.
Tips for Daily Care
- Sprinkle small amounts of foot or baby powder into the Vibram Five Fingers prior to wearing them. The powder reduces foot order while at the same time absorbing moisture. In addition, they will slide into the feet more easily.
- Once the wearer is done with them, it is advisable to shake out the excess powder from the shoes.
- Brush the leather or fabric part of the shoes using a dry and clean towel.
- Dry the shoes completely between wearing, with this activity taking from 24 to 48 hours.
- For weekly washing, use a washing machine.
- Vibram Five Fingers owners are advised to wash them with a washing machine either weekly or monthly, depending on how often the wear them . Wash using warm water, regular laundry detergent, and setting the machine to the gentle cycle. To lessen the washing machine impact on the shoes, add thick soft items such as towels.
- Place them on a drying rack or hang them on a line to ensure that they air dry.
- To ensure that the Vibram Five Fingers are dry completely prior to wearing them, insert fingers into the toes.
Weekly washing when in the shower
- The wearer can shower while wearing the Vibram Five Fingers. Rub them with soap or shower gel to clean them thoroughly both outside or inside. The owner should ensure that he brushes the inside of the shoes with a toothbrush, ensuring that he gets at each and every toe. This is merit of hand washing the shoes as opposed using a washing machine in that each toe gets thoroughly cleaned. When using a toothbrush, one can each places that a macho cannot reach, ensuring total cleanliness. This eliminates potentially nasty foot odor until the wearer wears them next.
- Hang the shoes on cloth line or set them on a drying rack.
- Confirm that they are dry by inserting fingers into them to find out if they are wet.
Tips and warnings
- For those who wear Vibram Five fingers often, they are advised to purchase a second pair that they can be wearing as they wait for the other pair to dry. This will ensure completely dry, as it is not recommended for one to wear wet shoes.
- It is not advisable to dry Vibram Five fingers on direct sunlight, near heat, or in a drier. This is because the material they are made from can easily be damaged by heat.
These tips will help you make your Vibram Five Fingers last longer and maintain the pair’s durability.
Joseph Mwenja is an experienced article writer with expertise in the area of fashion and lifestyle.